MacPorts throws errors on everything (include uninstall) since selfupdate

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Sat Feb 19 00:13:12 PST 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 6:55 PM, Aba-Sah Dadzie <a.dadzie at dcs.shef.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm now trying gimp2, and I'm having a similar problem - 3rd log at bottom.
> I can't empty out /opt/local/bin because there are other programs in the
> same directory not put in there by macports. It's just complained about
> gperf, while writing this mail. It's a bit tedious to install like this...
> is there some other clean action I missed?

> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
> /opt/local/bin/captoinfo already exists and does not belong to a registered
> port.

Yes, don't mix $prefix with other tools, i.e. don't let other programs
install stuff into /opt/local (you're using default prefix).

You can either prevent other programs from installing there or you can
change $prefix installing from sources, cf. [1]

Regards

--
Andrea

[1] http://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.source