MacPorts throws errors on everything (include uninstall) since selfupdate

Aba-Sah Dadzie a.dadzie at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 02:32:32 PST 2011

Thanks, Andrea, Scott,

I have just repeated the full clean (including opt/local) - I think what
I thought were other programs installed there were the macports copies
of a few others I'd manually installed. So I've reinstalled and it seems
to be happy.

Except now there's a new problem :(
Both when I tried on Saturday and again just now it starts to install,
gets through the required libs successfully, but fails on the checksum
for the actual application, and then invites me to submit a bug report.

So I suspect there's some problem somewhere between MacPorts and
whatever's being delivered.

Aba-Sah