MacPorts throws errors on everything (include uninstall) since selfupdate

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Feb 21 14:18:28 PST 2011

On Feb 21, 2011, at 16:13, Scott Webster wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> We can't really add org.freedesktop.* to the list of things to uninstall, because those files might have been installed by the user not using MacPorts.
>
> Could the dbus plist be given a special macports name?

It installs 2 plists, FYI.

avahi is the other port that I know of that does the same.

Perhaps they could be renamed. You could file tickets against these ports requesting that. Not sure if there's a good reason for them to keep their current names, but it certainly does pose a problem for the MacPorts-is-broken-and-I-need-to-uninstall-everything scenario.