Problems building Atlas

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 22 14:50:21 PST 2011

On Feb 22, 2011, at 16:30, Tim Bunnell wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2011, at 5:25 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Feb 22, 2011, at 16:23, Tim Bunnell wrote:
>>
>>> Atlas has been in the process of building on my machine for several hours now. Based on this discussion I'm inclined to stop it. Will the previous 3.9.35 installation still be intact if I do so?
>>
>> Yes, assuming you successfully installed it (i.e. "port installed atlas" shows atlas @3.9.35_0 is installed and active)
>
> Yup. Is there a specific form of port clean that would be good to use to tidy up?

You can run "sudo port clean atlas" to clean out your build attempt to free up disk space. But when the atlas port is fixed, you'll "sudo port selfupdate" to receive the fix, and then when you try to upgrade atlas, MacPorts would automatically clean it, because it notices that the portfile is newer than your last build attempt.