phpBB authentication

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Fri Feb 25 11:30:13 PST 2011

On Feb 25, 2011, at 11:03 AM, Fabrizio Bartolomucci wrote:

> Il 25/02/11 18.12, Bradley Giesbrecht ha scritto:
>>

>> On Feb 25, 2011, at 7:30 AM, Fabrizio Bartolomucci wrote:
>>
>>> Hullo,
>>> I have a phpBB platform installed but the provider provides no
>>> Ldap support. How would I handle users' authentication thereafter?
>>
>> What do you mean by "provider"?
>>
>> Are you wanting to use an existing user data store for phpBB
>> authentication?
>>
>> Please provide more details.
>>
>> --
>> Brad
> The web site that hosts my web pages and php scripts.
> Yes, I have a table in a mysql with email addresses and md5
> passwords that could be used for authentication, as well as a number
> of php pages returning authentication information described in the
> web page I posted. Still I did not find anything other than Ldap as
> the authentication means for phpBB.
> I hope that clarifies my problem.

I believe the default for phpBB is to use it's own sql database to
store user auth data.

http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/quickstart/quick_requirements.php

This is a phpBB issue more then a MacPorts issue. You should probably
look at the support options provided by phpBB, mailing lists and
forums etc...

http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/quickstart/quick_support.php

Regards,
Brad