perl5, perl5.* changes

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sat Feb 26 12:01:16 PST 2011

On Feb 26, 2011, at 12:31 PM, Martin Krischik wrote:

> Am 25.02.11 18:28, schrieb Eric Hall:
>> If you have perl modules that have compiled
>> bits in them they will need to be rebuilt when you
>> upgrade between perl versions (perl5.8 to perl5.12 for
>> example).  The same goes if you change perl5.8 variants
>> like +threads.
>
> Good that we are all great perl gurus who know how to do that.

Here's a really old post with how one used to have to upgrade perl modules:

http://www.geeklair.net/~dluke/archives/2006/02/darwinports-perl-upgrade.html

(before the darwinports -> macports name change).

If you're using the new sqlite registry, you can probably do some magic with dependentof:perl5 to make macports do it for you.

(I'll leave it to someone else to provide whatever syntax would be appropriate).

> I just want to compile GIMP and it fails on f**in “XML::Parser perl
> module is required for intltool” and I haven't got the faintest glue
> about Perl.

you could always roll back your perl upgrade ...

--
Daniel J. Luke