KMyMoney 1.0.5 without online banking support?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Thu Jan 6 04:55:46 PST 2011

Hi Matthias,

kmm 1.0.5 comes with support for OFX and in principle also HBCI, but you'd have to also install the port kmm_banking to get that functionality.
After installing said port it could be that you'd have to start kmm twice to get the plugin to function properly. Then you'll be able to get German HBCI to work, if that's what you need.

kmymoney4 does still not support HBCI support, but kmymoney4-devel does. But be aware, there are still many problems with the KDE4-version of KMyMoney. It looks like half installations are destined to malfunction… :-( And I haven't had enough feedback as well as far too little time for serious investigation as to what causes it.

My advice: stick with 1.0.5 if you need something reliable.

In case you are willing to support KMM4 development I'd welcome you as a tester. But be patient, here on my DualCore iMac it takes 6 hrs to build KMM4 from scratch with all its dependencies. Once you've got it all up an running you'd need only 7 min to reinstall for instance the latest svn version using the kmymoney4-devel port.

Wishing you a happy new year,
Marko