Problems installing groff 1.20.1

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 9 21:44:38 PST 2011

On Jan 9, 2011, at 15:46, Anton Shepelev wrote:

> Here  I'd  like  to  report  the problems I had when
> installing the port of groff 1.20.1 on my  computer.

[snip]

>  1.  I had removed  the  previous  installation  of
>      groff  that  came  with  Mac  OS X, and when I

[snip]

> Please,  let me know if someone else has encountered
> similar problems and  if  they  should  be  reported
> somewhere in addition to this mailing list.

Bugs should be reported in the issue tracker:

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/project.html

Note that we already have two bugs filed for groff:

http://trac.macports.org/query?status=!closed&summary=~groff

Are either of those the same issue you experienced?

I'd be curious why you removed the version of groff that came with Mac OS X. We would normally not recommend you to do such a thing. Doing so might break something in Mac OS X that depended on that software.