Problems installing groff 1.20.1

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 00:01:10 PST 2011

Ryan Schmidt:

> Are  either  of  those  the same issue you experi-
> enced?

None of them.  The  problems  I  have  reported  are
rather  configuration issues, not bugs at all. But I
am sure macports could do a better job with configu-
ration.

> I'd  be  curious  why  you  removed the version of
> groff that came with Mac OS X. We  would  normally
> not  recommend  you  to  do such a thing. Doing so
> might break something in Mac OS X that depended on
> that software.

To  make  sure  that the "new" groff has fully taken
place of the "old" groff. To detect these very prob-
lems I am writing about!

All it broke was the man pages.

Anton