No hyphenation patterns were loaded for...

Tore Haug-Warberg haugwarb at nt.ntnu.no
Sun Jan 16 14:32:51 PST 2011

Dear Texlive users,

I have recently installed the ports:

texlive-latex
texlive-latex-recommended
texlive-latex-extra
texlive-lang-norwegian

on my Mac Intel OS X 10.6.6. The extra language shows up in:

/opt/local/var/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat

but babel refuses to load the hyphenation pattern situated in:

/opt/local/share/texmf-texlive-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/loadhyph/loadhyph-nb.tex

The error message from babel is:

"No hyphenation patterns were loaded for the language 'Norsk'"

I have tried to refresh the TeX databases with "texhash" and "fmtutil
--all" without success. Apart from other Macports installations there
are no other third part programs on my computer. So, what can then be
wrong?

Tore