Emacs not launching independent Xwindow (emacs shell)

gmail gregkeefer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 16:05:37 PST 2011

Thanks Dan!  I didn't understand what this meant at first, but for those who
need this in the future, it means you need to install emacs as usual and
then add the "variant" (xll, gtk, etc) which you can search for in the
install.

To get the emacs to look like a fresh Linux GNU emacs without using xemacs
just do:

port install emacs +x11