Emacs not launching independent Xwindow (emacs shell)

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Tue Jan 18 16:58:33 PST 2011

I wonder if we should make the +gtk variant the default rather than the
console version. I wouldn't be opposed to it myself, except that
it would change the historical behavior.

Also, looking at the dependencies, there's not much reason to use the
+x11 variant rather than +gtk, given that both depend on gtk through
librsvg anyway. (Unless you happen to prefer the stylish 80s look of
the Lucid widget set ;-)

And, in case you weren't aware of it, you might also be interested in
the emacs-app port, which builds a native Quartz UI instead of X11.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/