Why does MacPorts Mercurial behave differently from Windows Mercurial?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jan 20 23:29:01 PST 2011

On Jan 20, 2011, at 23:49, Russell Hanneken wrote:

> Interestingly, my brother tells me the FreeBSD ports collection Mercurial *does* exhibit the same problem with the merge conflict.  Is there some connection between the FreeBSD ports collection Mercurial and MacPorts Mercurial?

The idea of MacPorts was based on FreeBSD's Ports system, and some code may have originated there. I don't know if the mercurial port in MacPorts has any commonalities with the one in FreeBSD Ports, but perhaps this isn't a ports system issue and rather an upstream bug in Mercurial that only manifests itself on BSD-based operating systems like FreeBSD and Mac OS X. Have you contacted the Mercurial people about this?