libtool: libltdl.dylib is not in the destroot (was: Re: pls help me with the installation of qt4-mac)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 14 01:16:48 PDT 2011

On Jul 14, 2011, at 00:26, Yifei Li wrote:

> Error: /opt/local/lib/libltdl.dylib is not in the destroot. Please clean libtool and try again.
> Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: missing /opt/local/lib/libltdl.dylib in destroot

All but one of the tickets that I've seen filed for this problem show the user has a rogue Fortran compiler installed in a system directory, for example /usr/bin/gfortran or /bin/f77. These files did not come from Xcode or MacPorts and interfere with the libtool build, and should be removed. Then clean libtool and try again.

> However, libltdl.dylib does exist in /opt/local/lib

That means libtool installed successfully last time you tried to install it. Nevertheless, it is not installing correctly now.

> I attached the log file.

Nothing can be determined from that log file, because it is not complete. (It contains lines that say "Skipping completed".) If you need further help resolving the issue, clean libtool and try again, and send the complete main.log.