pre 2.0 EOL timeframe?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 20 13:54:08 PDT 2011

On Jul 20, 2011, at 15:44, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Is there an easily accessed release note about
> upgrading from 1.x?

If you're asking how to upgrade, it should be no different from upgrading from any previous release:

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.upgrade.html

If you're asking what has changed, that's available as always in the ChangeLog.

https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/base/ChangeLog

News about new MacPorts versions also gets posted on the web site:

https://trac.macports.org/news/

MacPorts 2.0 isn't fundamentally different from MacPorts 1.9. I'm not certain why we didn't call it 1.10. Blame the marketing department. :)