problem with mp-gcc after upgrading to Lion

Marcelo Chiapparini marcelo.chiapparini at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 09:23:49 PDT 2011

2011/7/21 Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at macports.org>

> On Jul 21, 2011, at 9:10 AM, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:

> >> necessary?
> >>
> >> Yes.  You need XCode to build MacPorts or to run other dev tools built
> in
> >> MacPorts (such as compilers which exec part of devtools as you just
> pointed
> >> out).
> >>

> > I already have XCode 3.2.6 installed, which I was using with Snow Leopard
> > and macports. The questions is if I need to upgrade to XCode 4.1 in order
> > run macports in Lion.
>
> XCode 3.2.6 is for Snow Leopard.  It won't work on Lion.  As you pointed
> out earlier, it was (correctly) removed from your system during the upgrade.
>  XCode 4.1 are the development tools for Lion.

XCode 3.2.6 is still in the applications folder:

$ ls
Audio Instruments.app Quartz Composer.app
Dashcode.app Interface Builder.app Utilities
Graphics Tools Performance Tools *Xcode.app*

but I will follow your advice, and upgrade to XCode 4.1. Thank you!

--
Marcelo Chiapparini
http://sites.google.com/site/marcelochiapparini