Can't install octave packages with octave-devel installed

mark brethen mbrethen at aim.com
Sun Jul 24 11:07:09 PDT 2011

The port files use a PortGroup to set up the standard environment for building the particular octave module. I took a peek at the octave 1.0 group, which lists 'depends_lib port:octave'. If I understand this correctly, it tried to install octave first, but since I have octave-devel installed, I get the 'conflicts' message. This begs another question: Why not upgrade octave to its current rev. instead of making a -devel port?

-Mark