gnuplot

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Wed Jun 8 15:13:03 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 05:31:22PM +0800, cao.xu wrote:
> 	After installed emacs from macports, gnuplot can be installed correctly. It seems the dependency on emacs is needed by gnuplot indeed.

It is true that there's an undeclared dependency on emacs to build the
gnuplot-mode elisp. Really, we ought to build gnuplot-mode as a
separate port. I filed that as http://trac.macports.org/ticket/27996
a while back.

I haven't had a chance to fix it (and certainly wouldn't complain if
someone else wants to!). It hasn't been an especially high priority
because, as others have noted, it does build on a normal system without
the emacs port installed.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/