mesa updated

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Mon Jun 6 21:40:44 PDT 2011

So, normally a port version bump doesn't warrant an email to macports-users, but mesa is a bit of a problem child.

I've put in a bit of effort to get mesa's master and stable branches working once again on darwin.  glxinfo and glxgears "do the right thing" for both the normal and +iglx variants (+iglx was fixed in revision 1).  The only issues that I know of are:

1) The +iglx variant isn't building libOSMesa properly right now, and I'm looking into that problem.  Most people don't use or even know about that library, so it probably isn't a big concern.
2) It does not build with python3 (use python2.x to build it)

I have only tested on Snow Leopard.  I would appreciate users reporting success or failure with earlier OS versions since mesa's build is very fragile.  I also disabled some Tiger hacks that were used in 7.8.2, so I especially want feedback from a Tiger user.

Thanks,
Jeremy