dblatex problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jun 11 10:38:32 PDT 2011

On Jun 11, 2011, at 10:58, j. van den hoff wrote:

> I'm using dblatex as backend to asciidoc for pdf production. I noticed massive latency
> (e.g. for a one-page document real time 17 sec,  system+user) 3 sec.) when doing
> this. I don't know anything about docbook/xml stuff but after quite some searching found out that
> the problem is related to xsltproc (called by dblatex) looking up xml catalogs
> on the net instead of doing this locally. This occurs when the environment variable
> SGML_CATALOG_FILES is not pointing to the local xml-catalog directory. but
> in the main `dblatex' python script I find this:
> ===CUT===
> cat = os.environ.get("SGML_CATALOG_FILES")
> if cat:
>    cat += ":=/opt/local/etc/xml/catalog"
> else:
>    cat = "=/opt/local/etc/xml/catalog"
> os.environ["SGML_CATALOG_FILES"] = cat
> ===CUT===

Thanks for reporting this problem. There seems to be an extra "=" at the beginning of that path. This looks like a bug in the dblatex portfile, which I've fixed:


See if dblatex @0.3_2 fixes the problem. (Wait 30 minutes, then "sudo port selfupdate" and "sudo port upgrade dblatex".)

More information about the macports-users mailing list