Unable to install clang - ld64 fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jun 19 16:07:43 PDT 2011

On Jun 19, 2011, at 17:41, Martin Gilday wrote:

> ar.h correctly defines AR_EFMT1, as you describe.  XCode is in the
> standard place, 4 was installed through the MacStore with all defaults.
> This is quite a new macbook and I have relatively little installed, and
> it is set up very similarly to my mac mini, where ld64 builds fine.  If
> it is only affecting me, rather than a port problem, then I will start
> over when Lion is out.

Looking at your log more closely and comparing it with mine, I see mine is building with /Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 as is expected on Snow Leopard, but yours is building with /Developer/usr/bin/clang. I wonder how/why this is happening, since the port is not requesting clang. Have you done anything to override MacPorts' default compiler selection?