Cannot setup macports, error on Xcode binaries

Dan-George Filimon dangeorge.filimon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:41:29 PDT 2011

Please help:

$sudo port install guile

Warning: xcodebuild exists but failed to execute

Warning: Xcode does not appear to be installed; most ports will likely fail
to build.

--->  Computing dependencies for guileError: Unable to execute port: can't
read "build.cmd": Failed to locate 'make' in path:
'/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin' or at its
MacPorts configuration time location, did you move it?

I've added the Xcode binaries to my .profile but it still doesn't work.
Invoking gcc/make/... from the command line works as normal :)

Thanks a lot,
Dan