Cannot setup macports, error on Xcode binaries

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Fri Jun 24 02:15:40 PDT 2011

Dominik Reichardt wrote:

> Am 24.06.2011 um 10:48 schrieb Bjarne D Mathiesen:
>
>> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> I know that those have always been options, when installing Xcode through the Installer. I wasn't aware that the App Store used the Installer. In fact, wasn't won't-install-system-items supposed to be one of the guarantees of the App Store, and listed as one of the reasons why MacPorts wouldn't be allowed on the App Store?
>>
>> There are no options in the Xcode4 installer
>
> yes, AFAICT xcode4 installs EVERYTHING. But can't say for sure as my system has been contaminated by Xcode 3.x stuff. The installer holds all the packages (developer tools, x11...).

I bought a brand new MacBook Pro 17"
It has never seen even the shadow of Xcode3.
I installed Xcode4 by copying the installer from an iMac 27", and the
running it.
MacPorts worked perfectly - untill I reinstalled 10.6.7 on top of the
existing 10.6.7

So - I'ld like to know :
What actions has Dan-George Filimon done to his install of Mac OS X from
the last time he used 'port install <port>' and until this problem
raised it's ugly head ???

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa