Qemu, SDL: What's the proper way to report a missing dependency?

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:14:27 PDT 2011

Ok, I'd like some advice here.

Qemu has some cocoa support built in. But it warns that it is not
complete, and see the mailing list archives for details.

Qemu, using core audio drivers, triggers a kernel driver problem on
PPC 10.5.8, at least on my iBook. (Seriously, I've had to turn my
machine off to reset it. And woe if Qemu has to be killed instead of
doing normal cleanup.)

Using sdl audio, this doesn't happen. But the SDL display is slow.
And, it seems that while Qemu lets you choose which sound driver to
use at run time, the SDL or Cocoa display is compile time #ifdef's.

What's the best option here?

- Fast display, with sound errors logged to the system log, and no
ability to change volume, and a restart needed if qemu dies or is kill
-9'd, or
- Slow display. Painfully so.

What should the Portfile do by default?