qemu-usermode, install problems. Requires gcc 3.x

Fredrik starkbeats at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:28:11 PST 2011

Hello,

I'm have tried to install qemu-usermode and get an error. In the log file the stated reason is:

:info:configure WARNING: "gcc" looks like gcc 4.x
:info:configure Looking for gcc 3.x
:info:configure gcc 3.x not found!
:info:configure QEMU is known to have problems when compiled with gcc 4.x
:info:configure It is recommended that you use gcc 3.x to build QEMU
:info:configure To use this compiler anyway, configure with --disable-gcc-check

Should I install gcc 3.x? If so, will I get any problems/ambiguities with using version 4.x for normal use? I would like to know if someone else have managed to install it with --disable-gcc-check and if that went well, or resolved it in some other way.

Regards.