Uninstalling a port

Barrie Stott zen146410 at zen.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 04:29:56 PST 2011

I have dokuwiki installed and want to uninstall it together with all the other ports on which it depends that are not being used elsewhere.

Will the single command 'sudo port uninstall --follow-dependents dokuwiki' do it? I looked in the port manpage and it seemed to be a bit ambiguous when it said: 'To recursively uninstall all dependents of this port, use --follow-dependents'. I don't want to uninstall anything that's used elsewhere and, while I doubt that this will happen, it seems wise to check beforehand.

Incidentally, is there any other documentation on macports besides the guide and the port manpage?

Barrie.