Xcode 4 issues

Jon Hermansen jon.hermansen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 17:05:55 PST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 10:32 PM, Jasper Frumau <jasperfrumau at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 4:16 AM, James Berry <jberry at macports.org> wrote:
>

>> In summary, not much has changed as-of yet: Xcode 3 is still available and
>> free; what the future holds is somewhat less certain. I encourage MacPorts
>> developers and users who want to influence that future to make their wishes
>> known to any Apple contacts you might be able to leverage.
>>

> Me too. People on this list work for Apple so hereby I am voicing my
> concerns too. Please keep Xcode free. Either for command line MacPorts
> purposes or as a whole.

+1. I hope that, even if Apple only charges for the bandwidth to download
Xcode from ADC, that they continue to include "Developer Tools" along with
the install disc. I didn't get my Mid-2010 MBP new, so I'm not sure if it
came with an extra disc like the old Macs used to.

Does anyone know if they're still shipping physical copies of Xcode in the
Mac box?