index.php files ignored

Tony Miller tmiller at thehawkeye.com
Tue Mar 22 13:12:38 PDT 2011

I haven't messed with the my.cnf file. I've found:

/private/etc/my.cnf, which is the file OS X uses by default.
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/databases/mysql4/files/my.cnf

When I try to connect to mysql5 -u root -p I get:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Is that the correct socket or does MacPorts use an alternate socket and or my.cnf file?

Tony Miller
tmiller at thehawkeye.com