Keyboard support for gedit, bluefish and other macports installed software

Brian Wilson bountonw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 00:03:27 PDT 2011

I have done some testing. Gedit, bluefish and abiword all work on my linux
computer, but have the same bug as bibledit on the mac. My problem is that
when I switch keyboards on the mac using either command-space, or clicking
on the keyboard icon nothing happens. When I type, I still get English no
matter which keyboard I choose. However the linux version of these programs
allows me to type in a variety of keyboards.

I am getting the following error message when I try to run a program that is
installed in macports

(process:1766): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.

Using the fallback 'C' locale.

 Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-kjSU7E/org.x:0".

Is this related to my problem? Is the lack of keyboard support a macports
issue or is there something wrong with my configuration.

Thank you,

Brian Wilson