ffmpeg with libavfilter

Jon Keane jkeane at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:02:24 PDT 2011

If you install ffmpeg you can just run
$ ffmeg -vf yadif
and it should error even not knowing what vf or yadif is.

I actually discovered the problem is that the build of ffmpeg here is
too old and doesn't have libavfilters and yadif as well.

The way around this is to install a newer one. I had to install the
latest svn which can be accomplished using patches found in the bug
tracker for macports. I'm working on trying to update the ffmpeg-devel
port to be more up to date.

-Jon