segfault

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 16 17:04:51 PDT 2011

On May 16, 2011, at 10:47, Roger Pack wrote:

>>> $ sudo port installed
>>>
>>> Error: port installed failed: sqlite error: SQL logic error or missing
>>> database (1) while executing query: SELECT name FROM registry.ports
>>> WHERE id=111
>>> No ports are installed.
>>>
>>> (I did mess with it a bit, though, so I may have done something).
>>
>> Do you remember what you changed?
>
> I had renamed registry.db, run this command once, then moved the "bad"
> registry.db back.  After doing this, I think macports still
> segfaulted, so I think the problem was still present, it just didn't
> segfault with this command for whatever reason.
>
>> This might make MacPorts think no ports are installed, though they still are, which will cause you problems. Uninstalling MacPorts cleanly, using the instructions in the Guide, and then reinstalling MacPorts and the ports you want, would clean this up.
>
> Good to know thanks!

You can determine if this is the case, by looking in /opt/local/bin for example to see what files are there. MacPorts itself only installs a handful of programs, including port, portf, portindex, and portmirror. For any other programs listed, they probably were from ports. You can then use "port installed" to see what ports MacPorts thinks are installed, and see if there is a discrepancy.