Error Synchronization of the local ports tree failed

Juliana Palma jip368 at msn.com
Fri May 20 07:29:45 PDT 2011

Hi,
I have installed MacPort-1.9.2 from the .pkg file on my on my new MacBookPro. The installer run automatically. When the installation was finished I massege aapeared saying that it had been succesfull. After that, I opened a terminal and run "sudo port selfupdate" and I got the following error message
Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?--->  Updating the ports treeError: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing rsyncError: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Couldn't sync the ports tree: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
Any idea to solve this?J
PD: please note that I am a completely new user on Mac. I only have some experience with linux (ubuntu).