an epiphany I can do without

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri May 27 17:11:54 PDT 2011

On May 27, 2011, at 13:36, Ben Tompkins wrote:

> On May 25, 2011, at 11:04 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> If those are the versions that are currently installed, then the correct commands to uninstall them at the MacPorts interactive prompt would be:
>>
>> uninstall epiphany @2.30.6_2
>> uninstall epiphany @2.30.6_1
>>
>> Or from the bash prompt:
>>
>> sudo port uninstall epiphany @2.30.6_2
>> sudo port uninstall epiphany @2.30.6_1
>

> OK, Thanks Ryan, but why did the wrong uninstall commands not elicit an error message

I'm not sure why MacPorts behaves that way (it just does). I can't even find a bug report about it. Does anybody else know if there's a good reason for this behavior? It doesn't even set the exit status to nonzero.

> and will uninstalling properly fix the errors?

I don't know; I haven't seen the main.log file from your failed build attempt, so I don't know what caused it.