'port upgrade outdated' stops at gcc44

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Sat May 28 10:42:55 PDT 2011

I'm not sure how patient I should be. It took me a whole night w/o
finishing it. I don't think just downloading the files should take
that long. When I check cpu using, I don't see an processes for
updating take any cpu. This looks weird to me.

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Richard DeLaurell
<richard.delaurell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 08:45:55AM -0500, Peng Yu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 'port upgrade outdated' stops at gcc44. Does anyone know why this
>> happens and how to fix it?
>
> If no error is reported then I think that one just takes a very long time to update.
>
> "Patience et langeur de temps" applies to cpu cycles as well as to rage.
>
> Richard
>

>> $sudo port upgrade outdated
>> Password:
>> --->  Computing dependencies for gcc44
>> --->  Fetching gcc44
>> --->  Attempting to fetch gcc-core-4.4.6.tar.bz2 from
>> ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/gcc-4.4.6/
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Peng

Regards,