How to make installed port version the default one?

antonio.grilo at inov.pt antonio.grilo at inov.pt
Sun May 29 04:59:07 PDT 2011

Dear all,

I'm new to the Mac world and so this is probably the most stupid
question that someone has posted here.
I have installed Xcode3, which comes with gcc42, but I needed gcc43 or
higher and so I have installed gcc45 using MacPorts. The port is
reported as installed, but whenever I run gcc, the release gcc42 is
always invoked, as if gcc45 was not present in the system. So I can I
make gcc45 the default version? Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
António Grilo