Macports 2.0.3/Lion 10.7.2 Perl

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 09:30:11 PDT 2011

On 2/11/11 at 16:11, punk.kish at gmail.com (Mr. Puneet Kishor) wrote:

[snip]

>$port installed perl5.14
>The following ports are currently installed:
>perl5.14 @5.14.1_0
>perl5.14 @5.14.1_1 (active)
>
>$port installed perl*
>The following ports are currently installed:
>perl5 @5.12.3_1+perl5_12 (active)
>perl5.12 @5.12.3_1
>perl5.12 @5.12.3_2 (active)
>perl5.14 @5.14.1_0
>perl5.14 @5.14.1_1 (active)

Hi.

That’s a few perls you have installed there...

You have three active perls & two inactive ones. Unless you
really need to, one in /opt/local/ should be quite sufficient
(the perl in /usr/bin/ is the system one & is best left alone IMO).

If I were you & this depends on what you have previously used
any of the /opt/local/ perls for, I’d uninstall the lot of
them & start again with just the latest version MacPorts has.

Saying that, I would stress you wait for a second, third &
fourth opinion which I’m sure will be forthcoming.

Cheers,

     Phil.
--
Please consider the environment before reading this email...