php5-xcache

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Sat Nov 5 15:33:47 PDT 2011

On Nov 5, 2011, at 2:58 PM, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> On 5/11/11 at 21:41, pixilla at macports.org (Bradley Giesbrecht) wrote:
>
>> I have been using my php5-pear packages for some time now. Maybe it is time for me to commit them to the MacPorts repository.
>> https://trac.macports.org/browser/users/pixilla/dports/php
>>
>> I have every pear package from the pear channel and some other packages on other channels. I just added a php5-AWSSDKforPHP port.

I have the name wrong. The port name is pear-AWSSDKforPHP.

> Excellent.
>
> In which case in order to use php5-AWSSDKforPHP I would need to delete the directory that is at present on my MBP at:
>
> /opt/local/lib/php/AWSSDKforPHP

Yes, go ahead and delete /opt/local/lib/php/AWSSDKforPHP or move it out of /opt/local.

> & then issue a `sudo port install php5-AWSSDKforPHP`.

I just committed pear-AWSSDKforPHP to MacPorts.
You will need to sync your ports tree:
$ sudo port sync
$ sudo port install pear-AWSSDKforPHP

> I’m having several difficulties in getting the present SDK to work (I think down to `include_path` & mostly operator error on my part).
>
> AWSSDKforPHP, which I fetched from PEAR, installed itself in correct directory for its purpose but as far as I can see from the docs, should’ve installed into ~/.aws
>
> Confused. Been a long day...

The pear-AWSSDKforPHP port through the php5pear PortGroup has a dependency on php5-pear.
The php5-pear port installs a file "/opt/local/lib/php/pear/pear-ini.php" that adds /opt/local/lib/php/pear to the php include path so AWSSDKforPHP should be available after install with no further php configuration.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)