need help on upgrade macport

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 15 14:51:33 PST 2011

On Nov 15, 2011, at 16:13, Jin Chen wrote:

> I recently ran into a problem of using some terminal tools -- I upgraded into Lion and Xcode 4.2.

> <main.log>

Definitely clean and try again like Jeremy said, but the log said:

:info:build dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
:info:build   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/xsltproc
:info:build   Reason: Incompatible library version: xsltproc requires version 8.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 7.0.0

This probably means there is an architecture mismatch between your libiconv port and your xsltproc port. This should not be, unless you were upgrading from Leopard or earlier. Were you? If so, follow the migration instructions to uninstall and reinstall all ports:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration