kde4-kile installation problems on Lion: okular - poppler dependencies

stef stefano.rigolin at pd.infn.it
Tue Nov 15 15:10:59 PST 2011

I've done an (from scratch) installation of macport (2.0.3) trying to
install kde4-kile
port but the installation fails.

1) The installation stops when trying to install okular with the
following message

"Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: Poppler must be
installed with +qt4 and +quartz variants
  Error: Failed to install okular"

2) Tried to install Poppler with +qt4 option give the following error

"Error: Unable to execute port: Can't install unixODBC because
conflicting ports are installed: libiodbc virtuoso"

    So I've tried to force the installation of unixODBC instead of
libiodbc but the procedure fails when trying to
    install okular

3) Tried to install Poppler with +quartz option but useless as it
continues to give Error message 1)

How I can go around this problem (by the way I don't think I really need
okular for kde4-kile as I
can use Preview instead)

Does anyone has any suggestions ?

Thanks

Stefano

--
                                          Stefano Rigolin

                                  Dipartimento di Fisica e INFN
                                Universita' degli studi di Padova
                          Tel: +39 049 8277229 - Fax: +39 049 8277112