Binary builds???

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Nov 19 03:21:26 PST 2011

Scott Webster wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Marko K?ning <MK-MacPorts at techno.ms> wrote:
>> Looks like - since buildbot made his way through all port files - it is possible to install binary packages, is that true?
>>
>> If so, how could that be enable in a local MacPorts installation? (From what I see all my installations still configure and build all their ports themselves)
>>

> I think it should be automatic.  Maybe check that your portarchivetype
> line is tbz2 (or commented out) in macports.conf.  Somehow mine was
> set to something else and it wouldn't use the binaries.

That setting should really just control what kind of archives are
generated locally, and there needs to be another one associated with
each archive source indicating what archive type(s) it provides. Of
course there's no way to configure multiple archive sources yet either
(apart from ARCHIVE_SITE_LOCAL with all its limitations). Maybe in 2.1.

- Josh