Binary builds???

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Nov 19 03:29:58 PST 2011

On Nov 19, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
> That setting should really just control what kind of archives are
> generated locally, and there needs to be another one associated with
> each archive source indicating what archive type(s) it provides. Of
> course there's no way to configure multiple archive sources yet either
> (apart from ARCHIVE_SITE_LOCAL with all its limitations). Maybe in 2.1.

Well, Josh, that setting was indeed a MUST for me to get the binary port installation working for my /opt/local MacPorts install.
Actually I uncommented:
---
#portarchivetype        tgz
---
and things started working. :-)

(I've understood by now that the other parallel installations won't be able to benefit from this new feature, since relocation isn't possible.)