gcc46 and Boost

Freddie Witherden freddie at witherden.org
Wed Nov 23 04:06:12 PST 2011

Hello,

I have installed boost and gcc46 from MacPorts.  However, the following
application errors out when compiled through gcc46 (but not gcc45 or
clang or the Apple gcc).

#include <boost/archive/text_oarchive.hpp>
#include <boost/archive/text_iarchive.hpp>
#include <iostream>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
	boost::archive::text_oarchive oa(std::cout);
	oa << argc;
	return 0;
}

The error appears to be in the C++ library support libraries
(std::__numpunct_cache<char>::~__numpunct_cache ()).

I suspect the error is almost certainly due to boost having been
compiled with the Apple compiler as opposed to gcc46.  So my question is
how can I either a) get gcc46 to use the legacy STL (like clang does) or
b) get macports to recompile boost with gcc46.

Regards, Freddie.