specify pkg license

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 25 20:05:13 PST 2011

On Nov 25, 2011, at 21:52, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> Would this license be displayed to the user who "installs" the
>> generated pkg file? (apparently pkg files require a License.rtf file
>> [1]?)
>> Thanks!
>
> Depends on the actual binary implementation.
>
> As far as MacPorts itself is concerned, it is only reveled thorough the standard procedure of running `port contents PORTNAME`--the file LICENSE should be revealed.

Jeremy, Roger is asking about the feature of Apple's Installer app that can display the license of a package and require the user to agree to it before installation.

Roger, no MacPorts base doesn't do anything specifically to make that happen. I know we have a couple ports that have done so manually; see the swi-prolog Portfile for an example. We could possibly make this easier to do in the future i.e. by making a PortGroup, if we deemed this an important feature and someone decided how we should do it.