libtiff error: problem running latex after fresh install of texlive

Sujit Nair nair at cds.caltech.edu
Mon Nov 28 20:57:15 PST 2011

Hi All,

I just installed texlive and am getting the following error when I run latex. I have Mac OSX Lion with MacPorts 2.0.3. Has anybody else had this problem? None of the following works for me currently: latex, dvipdf, ps2pdf.

$ latex test.tex
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libtiff.3.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libpoppler.19.dylib
  Reason: Incompatible library version: libpoppler.19.dylib requires version 13.0.0 or later, but libtiff.3.dylib provides version 11.0.0
Trace/BPT trap: 5