upgrading coreutils

deva seetharam tagsense at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 18:44:12 PST 2011

thank you!as per your recommendation, i ran "port clean installed" and "port -vv upgrade outdated".
i got the following messages in /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_sysutils_coreutils/coreutils/main.log.

version:1:msg:main --->  Computing dependencies for coreutils:info:main .:debug:main Searching for dependency: xz:debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for xz:debug:main Searching for dependency: autoconf:debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for autoconf:debug:main Searching for dependency: automake:debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for automake:debug:main Searching for dependency: libtool:debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for libtool:debug:main Searching for dependency: gettext:debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for gettext:debug:main Searching for dependency: gmp:debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for gmp:debug:main Searching for dependency: libiconv:debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for libiconv:msg:main :debug:main Executing org.macports.main (coreutils):debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.archivefetch (coreutils):debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.fetch
 (coreutils):debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.checksum (coreutils):debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.extract (coreutils):debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.patch (coreutils):debug:configure configure phase started at Wed Nov 30 08:06:22 IST 2011:notice:configure --->  Configuring coreutils:debug:configure Using compiler 'Mac OS X gcc 4.2':debug:configure Executing org.macports.configure (coreutils):debug:configure Environment: CPATH='/opt/local/include' CC_PRINT_OPTIONS_FILE='/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_sysutils_coreutils/coreutils/work/.CC_PRINT_OPTIONS' LIBRARY_PATH='/opt/local/lib' CC_PRINT_OPTIONS='YES' MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET='10.6':debug:configure Assembled command: 'cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_sysutils_coreutils/coreutils/work/coreutils-8.14" && autoreconf --install
 -fvi':debug:configure Executing command line:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_sysutils_coreutils/coreutils/work/coreutils-8.14" && autoreconf --install -fvi :info:configure autoreconf: Entering directory `.':info:configure autoreconf: running: autopoint --force:info:configure autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4:info:configure configure.ac:36: warning: macro `AM_SILENT_RULES' not found in library:info:configure configure.ac:21: error: Autoconf version 2.64 or higher is required:info:configure configure.ac:21: the top level:info:configure autom4te: /Developer/usr/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 63:info:configure aclocal: /Developer/usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 63:info:configure autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 63:info:configure shell command " cd
 "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_sysutils_coreutils/coreutils/work/coreutils-8.14" && autoreconf --install -fvi " returned error 63:error:configure Target org.macports.configure returned: autoreconf failure: shell command failed (see log for details):debug:configure Backtrace: autoreconf failure: shell command failed (see log for details)    while executing"$procedure $targetname":info:configure Warning: the following items did not execute (for coreutils): org.macports.install org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot:notice:configure Log for coreutils is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_sysutils_coreutils/coreutils/main.log