Macports needs libcurl 7.x.x. How could i install it?

Arnaldo Pirrone arny91 at yahoo.it
Mon Oct 3 15:22:08 PDT 2011

On 03/10/2011 21:43, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> When you say "a package version", do you mean a disk image install?

Yes, i meant the dmg.

On 03/10/2011 21:43, Scott Webster wrote:

>In particular there are links near the very top to the pkg installers

There are a lot of links, i've already done check, but can't find nothing.
Could you paste here the link you're talking about?

On 03/10/2011 23:01, Ryan Schmidt Wrote:

>How did you install it?

I opened the dmg and double clicked on the pkg that there was inside.

>We probably need more information, including an actual copy/paste of the error message.

It will be the first thing i will do when i reach that machine again.

>Is it possible there is an old MacPorts installation on this system

I don't think so, the hardware and the OS install were almost brand new,
if you say that port is linked with OSX's libcurl, then more probably i swapped
for mistake snow leopard and lion DMGs, which uses a different version of libcurl.
In that case i should fix it by uninstalling the wrong version of macports and
installing it the new one like you said before, even if i'm not sure not having
the machine at hand.

That's all for now, i thank all of you for helping me to locate the problem and
will write for any updates.

Arnaldo