Xcode installer says itunes must be closed

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Tue Oct 4 11:46:35 PDT 2011

I am running the Xcode installer. I have a pop window that
is titled:
"Installation Alert"

The message is
"In order to continue installation, please close the
 following application:"

 And itunes is highlighted in the window.

 I have closed (to the best of my knowledge) all other running
 applications, include itunes.
 I can verify that itunes is closed. I don't know what else to do.
 I have pressed the 'enter' key, clicked in all manners on the
 window, and I'm stumped as to how to procede.

 please advise.
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com