gnome-terminal fails to load

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Thu Oct 6 10:56:17 PDT 2011

* Scott Webster <sewebster at gmail.com> [111006 07:56]:
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> And is dbus-session loaded?
> >  No. `ps' shows nothing. How do I load? How do I confirm that it is
> >  then loaded on reboot?
> >

> The commands, which can also be seen with "port notes dbus" are:
>
> sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist
> launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
 OK. Done. And thanks for the clue about `port notes'
 Unfortunately, I still have problems. When I start gnome-terminal,
 I get the following
Last login: Thu Oct  6 09:50:24 on ttys003
linus:~ tim$ /opt/local/bin/gnome-terminal ; exit;
**
ERROR:terminal-app.c:1451:terminal_app_init: assertion failed: (app->system_font_desc != NULL)
Abort trap: 6
logout

[Process completed]

Thanks again