problem with installing doxygen

Paul van Hoven paul.van.hoven at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 11 06:42:38 PDT 2011

Hi! I'd like to install doxygen. But the process terminates with the
following error message:

--->  Fetching archive for graphviz
--->  Attempting to fetch graphviz-2.28.0_2.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2 from
http://packages.macports.org/graphviz
--->  Fetching graphviz
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for graphviz
--->  Extracting graphviz
--->  Applying patches to graphviz
--->  Configuring graphviz
Error: You cannot install graphviz for the architecture(s) x86_64 because
Error: its dependency /opt/local/lib/libpango-1.0.dylib is not
provided by a MacPorts port. only contains the architecture(s) i386.
Error:
Error: Did you upgrade to a new version of Mac OS X? If so, please see
Error:
Error:     http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
Error:
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: incompatible
architectures in dependencies
Error: Failed to install graphviz
Log for graphviz is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_graphviz/graphviz/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: graphviz
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

I already got this error message and since I updated from leopard to
snow leopard about 1,5 years ago I thought I follow the instructions
given on http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration. But the error above
is the error I recieve after doing all the stuff suggested behind this
link. So I don't think that this is an error caused by migration. But
I have no idea how to proceed.