problem with installing doxygen

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 14 10:32:02 PDT 2011

On Oct 11, 2011, at 08:42, Paul van Hoven wrote:

> Hi! I'd like to install doxygen. But the process terminates with the
> following error message:
>

> --->  Fetching archive for graphviz
> --->  Attempting to fetch graphviz-2.28.0_2.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2 from
> http://packages.macports.org/graphviz
> --->  Fetching graphviz
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for graphviz
> --->  Extracting graphviz
> --->  Applying patches to graphviz
> --->  Configuring graphviz
> Error: You cannot install graphviz for the architecture(s) x86_64 because
> Error: its dependency /opt/local/lib/libpango-1.0.dylib is not
> provided by a MacPorts port. only contains the architecture(s) i386.
> Error:
> Error: Did you upgrade to a new version of Mac OS X? If so, please see
> Error:
> Error:     http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
> Error:
> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: incompatible
> architectures in dependencies
> Error: Failed to install graphviz
> Log for graphviz is at:
> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_graphviz/graphviz/main.log
> Error: The following dependencies were not installed: graphviz
> To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
>

> I already got this error message and since I updated from leopard to
> snow leopard about 1,5 years ago I thought I follow the instructions
> given on http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration. But the error above
> is the error I recieve after doing all the stuff suggested behind this
> link. So I don't think that this is an error caused by migration. But
> I have no idea how to proceed.

Somehow, your pango library is not registered to a MacPorts port. Of course, it should be registered to the pango port. If this is the only file in this predicament, you can forcibly install pango again. But I don't find that to be likely; you'll probably run into other files in a similar situation. So I recommend uninstalling MacPorts and all ports (see the guide for instructions), then reinstalling MacPorts and the ports you want.